Find a win, win situation
Mutual respect between an employer and a worker is very important. Many people feel they are treated as less equal if they have a history of unemployment. With a good employer, this is not the case.
Good employers provide:
- Solid training so employees feel they are not destined to fail in the role
- Access to additional training if required
- Career pathways if possible
- Supportive and flexible attitudes towards mental health and other disabilities
- A sense of security.
We have been helping people change their lives and find work since 1997.
Here are a few of the things we have learned along the way:
- An individual approach is the most effective way to help
- Endlessly working towards being ‘job ready' is not the answer. In fact, it's demotivating.
- The need for esteem, respect, belonging and confidence are the deep-seated drivers of successful outcomes.
- The positive service experience includes consistency, recognition and momentum towards goals
- The most effective programs focus on client engagement and a person's capacity to change themselves
- Changing the mindset and developing mental toughness and resilience improves 'into work' and life outcomes
- Employment consultant competence, communication, empathy, capability and commitment are all critical.